- Windows 7 or above (64 bit)
Visual Studio 2019 Community or above.
At a bare minimum the .NET Core toolset must be selected during installation. This can be added later.
- .NET Core 3.1+ (currently preview but LTS)
It's recommended you start off by downloading one of the sample games and running that to get an idea of the editor tool, build workflow, VS integration, debugging and publishing mechanisms.
Here's a two minute video guide for getting up and running!
Some general notes for alpha users:
- While the internals are maturing, everything is subject to change. The alpha version of this software is not suitable for commercial projects.
- It's recommended you first play around with the template game: File --> New Project --> Awakener
- You can try porting your existing AGS game using the exporter plugin.
- Quite a lot is incomplete in both the Editor Tool (e.g. GUI editing) and the Engine runtime (see scripting status).
- If anything looks egregiously wrong or the absense of some functionality is holding you back, please raise an issue on GitHub.